Postal and Pre-Poll Voting
You are eligible to apply for a postal vote if you are unable to get to a polling place on Election Day. Postal vote applications opened on Sunday 10 April and close on Wednesday 18 May. You are encouraged to apply as soon as you know you are eligible.
For more information see here.
Early or Pre-Poll Voting
Early voting commences on Monday 9 May and closes on Friday 20 May. You can find out the pre-polling in Mackellar using our handy where to vote page.
If you can’t get to a polling place on Election Day you can vote at an early voting centre. A list of early voting centres is available on the AEC website.
You are eligible to vote early if you:
- are outside the electorate where you are enrolled to vote
- are more than 8km from a polling place
- are travelling
- are unable to leave your workplace to vote
- are seriously ill, infirm or due to give birth shortly (or caring for someone who is)
- are a patient in hospital and can't vote at the hospital
- have religious beliefs that prevent you from attending a polling place
- are in prison serving a sentence of less than three years or otherwise detained
- are a silent elector
- have a reasonable fear for your safety.