This is a volunteer agreement between you and Independent Mackellar Pty Ltd (us/we). It is for you to volunteer for us and the candidate’s campaign for election as the Federal Member for the Federal Electoral Division of Mackellar (Candidate’s Campaign). Independent Mackellar will work with the campaign team for the Candidate’s Campaign and either we or members of the campaign team may supervise the volunteers. This agreement may be cancelled at any time by either us or you.
We value our volunteers and will endeavour to provide you with:
- an orientation and any training necessary for the volunteer role
- a safe environment for you to volunteer
- respect for your privacy, including keeping your private information confidential
- insurance to cover you for the volunteer duties you are authorised to perform.
In return, you agree to the following:
All duties are on a voluntary basis and you understand that you will not receive remuneration or payment for this work.
We ask that you:
- act positively and in the best interests of Candidate’s Campaign.
- demonstrate honest and decent behaviour
- be your best self
- be welcoming and inclusive of all
In your volunteer role we require you to:
- participate in an induction program
- only undertake duties you are authorised to perform, and follow reasonable directions and instructions that you are given by us or by a member of the campaign team.
- notify an officer or member of Independent Mackellar Pty Ltd (or alternatively, the campaign team) of any health and safety issues or potentially hazardous situations that may pose a risk to you or others, and report any accidents or incidents relating to staff, volunteers or the location
- use any property or equipment given to you safely and only for the purpose of volunteering and return it to the organisation when you finish
- comply with the law at all times
- comply with any of Independent Mackellar’s policies or volunteer code of conduct.
The health and safety of you and others
At Independent Mackellar Pty Ltd volunteer safety, and the safety of everyone who is involved in our organisation, is a priority.
Under the WHS Act and other laws, Independent Mackellar Pty Ltd has a duty of care to minimise risks to everyone affected by its conduct (including paid employees and volunteers).
It also means that as a volunteer, you may have Work Health and Safety duties too.
- to take reasonable care for your own health and safety
- to take reasonable care for the health and safety of others
- to comply with any reasonable instruction
- to let us know of any concerns you may have about safety and/or fitness in undertaking your role, and
- to co-operate with any reasonable policies and procedures.
We are committed to providing adequate insurance cover for volunteers while carrying out volunteering roles that have been approved and authorised by us.
Independent Mackellar Pty Ltd maintains Volunteer Insurance, Public & Products Liability Insurance and Association Liability Insurance. Insured persons include all voluntary workers of the insured aged under 85 years.
We want to let you know that the following events are unlikely to be covered by our insurance:
- actions that are beyond the scope of your volunteer role, or that occur without appropriate authority or permission from us
- criminal activity (including criminal charges arising out of driving incidents)
- dishonest or reckless activities
- where loss results from self-inflicted injury, the use of alcohol or drugs, mental illness, pregnancy and childbirth or a pre-existing condition.
There are also limitations on some benefits. If you would like to view a full copy of the full insurance policy, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]
Please notify us if you do not wish for us to use or publish photos for which you have posed while undertaking your volunteer role. Otherwise, by signing this agreement you consent to us using such photos.
When carrying out your volunteer role you agree to comply with COVID-19 public health orders.
You should not attend any activity if you have symptoms of COVID-19 and clearly must not attend if you have tested positive to COVID-19 and not been cleared by the relevant authority, or are otherwise required to isolate.
You agree that the ownership of any intellectual property rights in any materials developed by Independent Mackellar Pty Ltd will not be altered, transferred or assigned.
You assign all intellectual property rights and interests (including copyright) in any content, processes, documentation, reports and/or other materials developed in relation to, or in connection with, the provision of voluntary services under this Agreement to Independent Mackellar Pty Ltd.
Volunteers consent to the use by Independent Mackellar Pty Ltd of such creations in a manner reasonably contemplated by the voluntary services provided under this document. As a volunteer you also agree not to bring any claim for infringement of your moral rights in respect of that use.
Confidential information and privacy
In the course of your volunteer role you may be given information which is marked confidential or which is obviously confidential. You agree to keep any such information confidential and only use it for the purpose for which it is given to you. You may not use or disclose that information for any other purpose, unless required by law.
When you complete your contact details, please tick the box to acknowledge that you have read and agreed to this Volunteer Agreement.
Thank you and welcome to the team.