Thank you very much for volunteering. We’re glad to have you on board and very much appreciate your help supporting Dr Sophie Scamp’s work as our Federal Member for Mackellar and/or during the next election campaign.
This is a volunteer agreement between you and Independent Mackellar Pty Ltd (us/we)
We value our volunteers and will endeavour to provide you with:
- an orientation and any training necessary for the volunteer role
- a safe environment for you to volunteer
- respect for your privacy, including keeping your private information confidential
- insurance to cover you for the volunteer duties you are authorised to perform.
This Volunteer Agreement outlines our mutual commitments and the standards of behaviour and expectations for Independent Mackellar (IM) volunteers. This Agreement does not create an employment or contractor relationship between you and IM and it may be cancelled at any time by either of us. As a volunteer for Independent Mackellar Pty Ltd and Dr Sophie Scamps MP, you agree that all duties are on a voluntary basis and you understand that you will not receive remuneration or payment for this work.
We ask that you:
- act positively and in the best interests of Dr Sophie Scamps MP
- demonstrate honest and decent behaviour
- be your best self
- be welcoming and inclusive of all
As a volunteer, we require you to:
- participate in relevant training program/s
- only undertake duties you are authorised to perform, and follow reasonable directions and instructions that you are given
- notify the Volunteer Coordinator of any health and safety issues or potentially hazardous situations that may pose a risk to you or others, and report any accidents or incidents relating to staff, volunteers or the location
- use any property or equipment given to you safely and only for the purpose of volunteering and return it to the organisation when you finish
- comply with the law at all times
- comply with policies of the Office of Dr Sophie Scamps MP, Independent Mackellar and the volunteer code of conduct.
The health and safety of you and others
At Independent Mackellar Pty Ltd volunteer safety, and the safety of everyone who is involved in our organisation, is a priority.
Under the WHS Act and other laws, Independent Mackellar Pty Ltd has a duty of care to minimise risks to everyone affected by its conduct (including paid employees and volunteers).
It also means that as a volunteer, you may have Work Health and Safety duties too.
- to take reasonable care for your own health and safety
- to not attend any activity if you have are unwell and/or have any cold or flu like symptoms
- to take reasonable care for the health and safety of others
- to comply with any reasonable instruction
- to let us know of any concerns you may have about safety and/or fitness in undertaking your role, and
- to co-operate with any reasonable policies and procedures.
We are committed to providing adequate insurance cover for volunteers while carrying out volunteering roles that have been approved and authorised by us.
Independent Mackellar Pty Ltd maintains Volunteer Insurance, Public & Products Liability Insurance and Association Liability Insurance. Insured persons include all voluntary workers of the insured aged under 85 years.
We want to let you know that the following events are unlikely to be covered by our insurance:
- actions that are beyond the scope of your volunteer role, or that occur without appropriate authority or permission from us
- criminal activity (including criminal charges arising out of driving incidents)
- dishonest or reckless activities
- where loss results from self-inflicted injury, the use of alcohol or drugs, mental illness, pregnancy and childbirth or a pre-existing condition.
There are also limitations on some benefits.
By signing this agreement, you consent to the use of any photos taken of you at related events being used for marketing purposes.
If you prefer not to be in photos that may be used for marketing purposes, we ask that you exclude yourself from photos at the event.
You agree that the ownership of any intellectual property rights in any materials developed by Independent Mackellar Pty Ltd will not be altered, transferred or assigned.
You assign all intellectual property rights and interests (including copyright) in any content, processes, documentation, reports and/or other materials developed in relation to, or in connection with, the provision of voluntary services under this Agreement to Independent Mackellar Pty Ltd.
Volunteers consent to the use by Independent Mackellar Pty Ltd of such creations in a manner reasonably contemplated by the voluntary services provided under this document. As a volunteer you also agree not to bring any claim for infringement of your moral rights in respect of that use.
Confidential information and privacy
In the course of your volunteer role you may be given information which is marked confidential or which is obviously confidential. You agree to keep any such information confidential and only use it for the purpose for which it is given to you. You may not use or disclose that information for any other purpose, unless required by law.
By submitting your contact details, you acknowledge that you have read and agreed to this Volunteer Agreement.
Thank you and welcome to Team Sophie!